Welcome back, Shirley Mastic! I’m in your inbox to catch you up on everything you need to know about what’s happening around town. Let’s do it…
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy and more humid. High: 79, low: 71.
Here are the top 3 stories today in Shirley-Mastic:
- For those needing help with family services such as food stamps, emergency services, and advocacy referrals, the MMSC Library will host the Case Manager Program on Tuesday, Aug. 2, at noon. Appointments are required. (patch)
- Save the date for the “Cold Stun Turtle Talk” at Shirley’s Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge. Participants will learn how they can help to save the turtles from hypothermia. The event is set for Aug. 27 at 10 am (Shirley/Mastic CofC)
- Photo Galleries: Patchogue had its second-day alive after five on Thursday. A crowd gathered to enjoy live music, food, and a diversity of entertainment on Main Street. Click here to see some scenes of the event. (Greater Patchogue)
Today in Shirley Mastic:
- Literacy Kahoot: Summer Synonyms – MMS Community Library. (9am)
- The Royal Tea Party – VIRTUAL – MMS Community Library. (10am)
- sprinkler fun at Mastic Recreation Center. (12:30pm)
- Weekly Trivia – MMS Community Library. (3pm)
From my notebook:
- Suffolk Times: “More than 20 young members of the Old Cove Yacht Club sailing program participated in last Wednesday’s sailboat race out of New Suffolk that the Peconic Bay Sailing Association hosted.” (Suffolk Times via Instagram)
- Suffolk Times: “New details emerge in a fatal overdose case.” (Suffolk Times via Instagram)
- Girl Scouts of Suffolk County: “Jump into the outdoors by participating in our Summer Bucket List Challenge (link in our bio)!” (Girl Scouts of Suffolk County via Instagram)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, North Shirley: “Give us a call today or book online for $25 off your service with us!” (next door)
- Robin spoor, Neighbor: “Hello all, we just purchased an above-ground swimming pool and need help setting it up.” (Patch Neighbor Posts)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- dish washer – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Housekeeping positions – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Part-Time Night Auditor (Monday & Tuesday) at Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Guest Service Agent – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- restaurant servers – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Add your job listing
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you around!
— Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Shirley-Mastic Daily? Contact me at [email protected]