Morning, everybody. It’s me, Debora Whitehead, your host of the Three Village Daily — here to impart everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Enjoy…
First, today’s weather:
A gusty t-storm in the pm High: 81, low: 73.
Here are the top 4 stories in Three Village today:
- The art pieces of artist Philip Grausman are displayed on the grounds of the Long Island Museum at Stony Brook. “Eileen” and “Victoria” are giant sculptures carved out of fiberglass and are the new trend outside the museum, currently attracting visitors from all over the Island. (TBR News Media)
- Radio stations WUSB 90.1 FM and 107.3 FM celebrated their 45 years of existence at the Staller center on June 27. An all-star concert featured multiple local artists who have been part of the station, including Randy Jackson, Mary Lamont, Buddy Merriam, and more. (Stony Brook News)
- A Time For Kids program will be held at the Emma Clark Memorial Library on Tuesday, July 19. Kiddos will enjoy crafts, music, and storytelling. (Emma Clark Library)
- For those interested in the latest police activity reports in Suffolk County, see Patch’s police blotter for July 15. (patch)
Today in Three Village:
- chair yoga– Emma Clark Memorial Library. (10am)
- Long Island Quilters – Port Jefferson Free Library. (2 pm)
- Teen Volunteers: Storytime – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (2:45pm)
- Story Time & Craft with Teens – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (3pm)
From my notebook:
- Stony Brook LGN Soccer Club: “Another Beach Bash trophy! Well done to our Boys 2013 Rampage who take first place at today’s event.” (Stony Brook LGN Soccer Club via Facebook)
- Patch Community Corner: “Multiple shark attacks plague LI beaches. Patch week in review.” (patch)
- The Reboli Center will host a ‘Taxes in Retirement’ seminar. The rules have changed, and the new retirement community needs to learn how new laws can help you to save or earn money. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 20 at 6:30 pm Click here to register. (patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Three Village Daily? Contact me at [email protected]