Hello, Shirley-Mastic! I’m back with your fresh copy of the Shirley-Mastic Daily. Come along to learn everything you need about what’s happening in town these days.
First, today’s weather:
partly sunny; breezy, humid. High: 89, low: 77.
Here are the top 4 stories today in Shirley-Mastic:
- A Dairy Queen is to open in Mastic. A spokeswoman said the restaurant would open in September with dine-in and drive-thru options. (patch)
- For those interested in recent police activity in Suffolk County, look at Patch’s police blotter. (patch)
- For those longing to open a small business but who need advice, the MMS Community Library can help! Small Business Mentoring via Zoom program is set for Monday, July 25, at 6 pm Make an appointment at www.communitylibrary.org/programs or call 631 657-3743. (patch)
- All are welcome to participate in the two-day job fair at the Lt. Michael Murphy US Post Office in Patchogue. The event will be held on next Wednesday and Thursday. Applications can be submitted online at www.usps.com/careers. (Patchage Patch)
Today in Shirley Mastic:
- live music at RHUM Featuring Next Level Band. (noon)
- Pick It Up! Beach cleanup – Fire Island National Park (6 pm)
From my notebook:
- Suffolk County Parks: “TGIF comes with an outer beach update for Smith Point- another pair of plovers at Smith Point has successfully fledged their chicks!” (Suffolk County Parks via Instagram)
- Bring the kiddos to cool off on Monday, July 25, with the Sprinkler Fun playdate at the Mastic Recreation Center. The fun starts at 12:30 pm at the center’s yard. Kids must be registered. (MMSCL)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Behind The Scoreboard – Remembering Those Who Enjoyed The Ocean (Details)
- Recent changes in memory? Living with someone with memory changes? Paid virtual study! (details)
- Add your announcement
gigs & services:
- Dishwasher – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages (Details)
- Housekeeping Positions – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages (Details)
- Part-Time Night Auditor (Monday & Tuesday) at Canoe Place Inn & Cottages (Details)
- Maintenance Engineer at Canoe Place Inn (details)
- Raw Bar Oyster Shucker- Canoe Place Inn & Cottages Details
- Guest Service Agent – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages (Details)
- Restaurant Server – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages (Details)
- Add your job listing
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door this Sunday. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.