New York State In-depth

Forecast for Long Island: Sure, then there can be thunderstorms

After a mostly sunny Long Island Sunday, there’s a 50% chance of overnight snow flurries, but the remainder of the week is expected to be dry with partly cloudy skies and highs in the 40s, according to the National Weather Service.

Sunday’s high will be 40 degrees with overnight low of 34.

“We’re really not looking for a bigger cluster,” said Joe Pollina, meteorologist at the Weather Service.

Rain and snow are possible on Monday before 11 a.m., after which there is a low chance of rain until the afternoon, according to the weather service. Skies are expected to eventually clear with a mid 40’s high.

Expect mostly sunny skies with highs in the low to mid 40s Tuesday through Thursday thereafter.

Thursday night brings a chance of rain and snow and a low of about 35, the weather service said. Friday brings a 60% chance of rain and a high near 50, dropping to 40% at night.

Vera Chinese reports on Suffolk County government and politics.

Comments are closed.