Hello all. It’s me, Debora Whitehead, your host of the Port Jefferson Daily. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town…
First, today’s weather:
Humidity with some sun. High: 83, low: 72.
Here are the top 4 stories in Port Jefferson today:
- Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce announces the Dragon Boat Race Festival is coming in September. Saturday, Sept. 17, will be the big day at the Port Jefferson Marina as the festive boats race down. (Port Jeff Chamber Of Commerce)
- Teens will meet at Port Jefferson Kilwins on Main Street to participate in the “Teen Behind the Scenes – Kilwins Sundaes” hosted by the Port Jefferson Free Library. Participants will learn how to make sundaes and enjoy a cold treat at 11 am (PJFL)
- For those interested in the latest police activity reports in Suffolk County, see Patch’s police blotter for July 15. (patch)
- The mini music festival Port Palooza will be held at Harborfront Park in Port Jefferson! Save the date for July 30, starting at noon. The event is free. (patch)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- Let the sun shine at Village Center. (9am)
- Port Jefferson Photography Club Exhibit – at Village Center. (9am)
- Outdoor Summer Farmers Market – Village of Port Jefferson. (9am)
From my notebook:
- Port Jefferson Free Library: “It’s the time! Our quails are set to be released Sunday, July 17 at 9:30 am from Caleb Smith State Park Preserve thanks to @ceedlongisland. This is a public event, so mark your calendar!” (Port Jefferson Free Library via Facebook)
- Port Jeff Lions Club: “Giving back always looks good inside and out! Jane Guido Foundation and Port Jefferson Lions.” (Port Jeff Lions Club via Facebook)
- Port Jeff Lions Club: “Port Jefferson Lions proudly marching in the Independence Day Parade.” (Port Jeff Lions Club via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
gigs & services:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! See you all tomorrow for your next update.
— Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Contact me at [email protected]