hello friends Debora Whitehead is here with your fresh copy of the Shirley-Mastic Daily, full of all you need to know about what’s happening locally. Here we go…
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and warmer. High: 88, low: 72.
Here are the top 4 stories today in Shirley-Mastic:
- Newsday Media released an article about the new rise of home purchases in the Shirley area. The tri-hamlet has been attracting buyers because of the affordable shoreline homes right off the expressway. According to the market, house prices run from $270,000 for ranches to $800,000 for waterfront properties. (Newsday/Subscription Required)
- For those looking for jobs in and around Shirley/Mastic, look at Patch’s newest list of employment opportunities in the area. (patch)
- Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone presented the “Stay Awhile, Stay Informed” for residents and tourists vacationing on Fire Island. For those who want to receive safety alerts on their phones, text “SuffolkAlerts” to 67283. (LongIsland.com)
- A blood drive will be held on Aug. 3 in honor of Scott Martella, who was dedicated to serving communities on Long Island. The campaign will run from 10 am to 4 pm in different locations. Check where to go to donate here. (TBR News Media)
Today in Shirley Mastic:
- Literacy Kahoot: Summer Synonyms – MMS Community Library. (9am)
- Town of Brookhaven Homemakers – MMS Community Library. (9am)
- Gentle Yoga for Beginners – MMS Community Library. (10am)
- Virtual Gaming Cafe – MMS Community Library. (6pm)
From my notebook:
- Suffolk Times: “Last Thursday, Congressman Lee Zeldin was attacked by a man who jumped onto a trailer at a gubernatorial campaign stop in western New York.” (Suffolk Times via Instagram)
- Make-A-Wish Suffolk County, NY: “Because of his genetic disorder, Eli has faced many restrictions in his life. He’s often been confined to his home, missing activities he loves so much like summer walks with his family.” (Make-A-Wish Suffolk County, NY via Instagram)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Dishwasher – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Housekeeping Positions – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Part-Time Night Auditor (Monday & Tuesday) at Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Guest Service Agent – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Restaurant Server – Canoe Place Inn & Cottages. (details)
- Add your job listing
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
— Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Shirley-Mastic Daily? Contact me at [email protected]