Hello everybody. It’s me, Debora Whitehead, your host of the Patchogue Daily — here to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening in the community today. Follow along for the latest…
First, today’s weather:
Humidity with periods of sun. High: 82, low: 72.
Here are the top 4 stories in Patchogue today:
- Petra Puppets features the “Deep Sea Circus” at the Patchogue Medford Public Library. The fun starts at 10:30 am on Tuesday, July 19. (Patch)
- AR Workshop in Patchogue downtown will help you to improve your “green thumb” with a succulent workshop. Succulent Saturday is scheduled for July 23 at 11 am Baby’s Botanica will lead participants into creating a mini centerpiece box. (patch)
- South Bay Art Association will host a reception for the “Form & Figure” exhibit. All are welcome to enjoy this free event on July 19 at 5:30 pm (Patchogue CofC)
- For those interested in the latest police activity reports in Suffolk County, see Patch’s police blotter for July 15. (patch)
Today in Patchogue:
- Art on the Terrace – Fire Island National Park. (10am)
- live music at RHUM Featuring Andy the One Man Band. (noon)
- Surfcasting Clinic – Fire Island National Park. (5:30pm)
- Howard Jones at Patchogue Theater. (7pm)
From my notebook:
- Patchogue-Medford Library: “We had a Mer-mazing night with the @patchoguearts during our mermaid figure drawing class this week!” (Patchogue-Medford Library via Instagram)
- Governor Kathy Hochul, State of New York: “Monkeypox – We’re continuing to aggressively respond to the monkeypox outbreak, making sure that New Yorkers have access to information, tools, and resources to stay safe.” (next door)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Upper East Patchogue: “Hi everyone. – Just wondering if anyone has moving boxes they don’t need. Thank you, Ronnie.” (nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
gigs & services:
That’s it for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update.
— Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Patchogue Daily? Contact me at [email protected].