Hello Huntington! I’m back in your inbox on this chilly morning with your new copy of Huntington Daily. Here’s all the community news you need to know right now, including…
- Cindysnacks was named “Business of the Year” by Humane Long Island.
- A documentary giving viewers a glimpse of Puerto Rico’s homelessness crisis will premiere in Huntington.
- Check out the Huntington Police Blotter.
But first today’s weather:
A little rain in the afternoon. High: 43 Low: 40.
🏠 If you are a real estate agent in Huntington, of course you search to stand out from the crowd and attract new customers. We can help you with that with an exclusive sponsorship in the Huntington Patch newsletter. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top four stories in Huntington today:
- Huntington Union Free School District: Alumni Day attracts recent graduates to the School Heritage Museum. 12 graduates shared their college experiences with current students and you can see photos in the link. (Huntington Union Free School District via Facebook)
- South Huntington Public Library: Those of the library The Lunar New Year program was a great success. The program was filled with handicrafts, games, rabbits and a dragon parade. You can see photos in the link. (South Huntington Public Library via Facebook)
- Tri Community & Youth Agency (Tri CYA): The Tri-CYA The gala will take place on Thursday, March 23rd at 6:30 p.m. Get your tickets now! (Tri Community & Youth Agency (Tri CYA) via Facebook)
- The Townwide Fund of Huntington: Check out the Townwide Fund Membership Spotlight on LICAD. The TWF provided an emergency grant that was able to Support for student substance abuse programs, community awareness of the opioid crisis, and life-saving Narcan and compassion fatigue and resilience training for EMT centers in the city of Huntington. (The Townwide Fund of Huntington via Facebook)
- Huntington Public Library: Make sure you come by and Check out the library’s January book shows. You’ll only be up for a few more days! (Huntington Public Library via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. Up soon!
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hello! My name is Andrew and I have been a resident of Huntington for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states and my greatest love is Huntington’s. I love health and wellness, travel, stand up paddle boarding and of course restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming HD Daily? Contact me at [email protected]