Buffalo @ Central Michigan
Current Records: Buffalo 8-8; Central Michigan 6-10
What you should know
The Buffalo Bulls have been 11-0 up against the Central Michigan Chippewas since January 2016 and have a chance to continue that success on Saturday. The Bulls and CMU will face off in a Central American bout at 4:30 p.m. ET at McGuirk Arena. Considering that both teams suffered defeat in their last game, both go into this duel with a little extra motivation.
Tuesday’s contest between Buffalo and the Miami (Ohio) RedHawks wasn’t a total blowout, but since Buffalo fell on the 91-80 road, he was damn close to turning into one.
Meanwhile, CMU finished well behind the Northern Illinois Huskies on Tuesday, losing 73-54.
Buffalo is now at 8-8 while the Chippewas are at 6-10. Two stats to keep in mind as you watch: The Bulls come into the game averaging 9.1 steals per game, good for 31st place in college basketball. Less enviably, CMU has allowed its opponents an average of 8.5 steals per game, the 349th most in college basketball. In other words, they have to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How to see
- When: Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Where from: McGuirk Arena – Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
- Consequences: CBS Sports App
Buffalo has won every game against Central Michigan for the past nine years.
- February 05, 2022 – Buffalo 74 vs. Central Michigan 54
- February 25, 2021 – Buffalo 85 vs. Central Michigan 73
- February 07, 2020 – Buffalo 65 vs. Central Michigan 60
- January 18, 2020 – Buffalo 86 vs. Central Michigan 67
- March 15, 2019 – Buffalo 85 vs. Central Michigan 81
- 2/9/2019 – Buffalo 90 vs. Central Michigan 76
- March 08, 2018 – Buffalo 89 vs. Central Michigan 74
- 2/6/2018 – Buffalo 88 vs. Central Michigan 82
- February 14, 2017 – Buffalo 99 vs. Central Michigan 93
- January 31, 2017 – Buffalo 101 vs. Central Michigan 91
- January 16, 2016 – Buffalo 74 vs. Central Michigan 61