The Nashville Predators (19-16-6) host the Buffalo Sabers (20-18-2) as part of Saturday’s NHL roster, which begins at 8:00 p.m. ET at the Bridgestone Arena and will be broadcast on MSG. The Predators rank 10th in the Western Conference with 44 points and the Sabers rank 11th in the Eastern Conference with 42 points.
Here’s how to watch Nashville vs. Buffalo
Nashville and Buffalo stats
- On average, the Predators scored 2.8 goals in a game (27th league), the Sabers 3.5 (24th).
- The Sabers are first in the NHL in goals scored per game (3.8) and the Predators are 13th in goals allowed (2.9).
- Nashville sits 21st in the league on goal difference at -7 (-0.2 per game).
- Buffalo’s goal difference this season is +14 (12th in the NHL).
- The Sabers have conceded 34 power play goals (26th in the league on penalty shootout percentage) and the Predators have 23 power play goals (28th on power play percentage).
- The Predators have conceded 30 shorthanded goals (78.6% of penalties nullified) and the Sabers have 41 power play goals (successful on 27.7% of chances).
Nashville Impact player
- One of Nashville’s most productive offensive players this season is Filip Forsberg, who has 38 points (18 goals, 20 assists) and an average of 17:47 per game.
- Another Nashville offensive option, Roman Josi contributed 33 points (10 goals, 23 assists) to the team.
- Matt Duchene has scored 11 goals and added 21 assists in 40 games for Nashville.
- Juuse Saros has conceded 81 goals (2.6 goals compared to average) and made 951 saves at a rate of 0.922 (7th best in the league).
Mark Borowiecki: Off (Upper Body), Alexandre Carrier: Day by Day (unknown)
Buffalo Impact player
- Tage Thompson’s 31 goals and 26 assists in 40 games for Buffalo add up to 57 total points this season.
- Rasmus Dahlin has averaged 46 points (1.2 per game) this season. He has 13 goals and 33 assists.
- Alex Tuch has scored 20 goals and provided 25 assists this season.
- Craig Anderson has 456 saves while giving up 39 goals (2.7 goals vs. average) with a .921 save percentage (8th best in the league).
Zemgus Girgensons: Day by Day (Illness)
Regional restrictions apply.